March 28, 2018
NOAA Fisheries announces a final rule modifying the greater amberjack recreational fishing year and fixed closed season in the Gulf of Mexico.
Recreational fishing for greater amberjack will be open May 1-31, 2018.
What This Means:
• Regulations will be effective April 30, 2018
• The greater amberjack recreational fishing
year will be August 1 through July 31
(see table below).
• The greater amberjack recreational fixed closed season
will be November 1 through April 30
and June 1 through July 31
• Recreational fishing will be open August through October
and in May
• Therefore, the greater amberjack recreational sector will open on May 1, 2018