July 31, 2017
Regulations changes in state and federal waters effective Aug. 24
Starting Aug. 24, several changes to hogfish management will go into effect in state and federal waters. Approved changes include:
• Lowering the Atlantic recreational daily bag limit from five to one fish per harvester
• Setting an Atlantic recreational harvest season of May 1 through Oct. 31
• Increasing the Atlantic recreational and commercial minimum size limit from 12 to 16 inches fork length
• Increasing the Gulf recreational and commercial minimum size limit from 12 to 14 inches fork length
• Setting the minimum importation and sale size limit to 14 inches fork length statewide.
For more information:
Hogfish. More about hogfish.