- Northwest Florida Weekend Fishing 4Cast
- FWC Poll on Extending Scallop Season
- Panhandle Fishing, Port St. Joe to Pensacola
- Lake Miccosukee Restoration Study Underway
- Light Sentences Handed to Seafood Dealer
- The Florida Reef Fishing Menu
- Mexico Beach Mixed Bag
- Some Scallop Reports
- Federal Mandate Kills Thousands of Red Snapper in the Gulf
- Commission Proposes 2013 Gulf Recreational Red Snapper Season
Gag grouper will open for recreational harvest in most Gulf of Mexico state waters and all Gulf federal waters July 1. The same day, the season will close in state waters off the coast of Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson and Taylor counties.
The Mexico Beach Artificial Reef Association, which is one of the most active nonprofit artificial reef organizations in the state, on behalf of the city of Mexico Beach, just completed the oversight and management of a significant expansion to several existing artificial reef sites off Bay County.
OAA Fisheries is seeking comments on a proposed rule for Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper. The rule, if implemented, would set the 2013 quotas for commercial and recreational red snapper harvest.
State waters off the coast of Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson and Taylor counties will open to recreational harvest of gag grouper starting April 1.
Inductees include Mike Folkestad, Darrell Lowrance, Jack Wingate …
1 of 2