- Florida’s Freshwater Fishing Blog
- Talquin stocking bolstered by “advanced” advantage
- Fish of a Certain Age
- Is it really that big?
- Shocking Truths of Electrofishing
- Big bass are back in Edward Medard Reservoir
- Welcome to the Hatchery Tracker!
- Circle of Life
- Merritt’s Mill Pond a Sleeper Hit
- Nothing but the Tooth
Bass are being stocked into Lake Talquin to supplement weak year classes of bass resulting from limited aquatic habitats. All bass stocked in 2013 have been “micro-wire tagged” with a small metal tag for future identification.
Size isn’t everything. I know we all want to catch a bass big enough to brag about, but from a scientific point of view, maturity can be much more important. If you focus too much on how big it is and not enough on how long it took to get there, you can miss out on the big picture.