- What’s This, and What’s it Doing in Florida?
- The Chill on Peacock Bass
- Snakehead Fishing 101
- Florida’s Freshwater Fishing Blog
- Doug Hannon, “The Bass Professor,” Dies at 66
- The Alabama Rig
- FWC: Get Kids Outdoors This Summer
- Lake Miccosukee Restoration Study Underway
- Green, But a No-Glo on Worm Powder
- Bass Fishing Kids On Tour in Broward, Palm Beach Counties
Barely a year ago it was just a good idea waiting to happen, now the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is preparing to give away the first TrophyCatch championship ring and a slew of other prizes – a boat, fiberglass fish mount and more – to the winners, including a special $10,000 prize presented by Experience Kissimmee.
From above, it looks like there’s not a single piece of structure to hold bass in that retention pond, golf course lake or canal along the road. But from below, bass are almost assuredly hanging near some sort of feature, even if it’s nothing more than a deviation in bottom contour.
FS Member Bass2Bucks made this short video of himself and Capt. Shane flipping and pitching for bass from their recent summertime outings. Bass2Bucks posted, “I have been doing a lot of flipping and pitching this summer and lately its really been paying off. T
A basic knowledge of bass habits, combined with keen observation, can make for a very productive day. A spot gives an angler a general area to fish. A pattern tells the angler the specific depth and cover situations within that area where his casts need to go—and those areas that can be ignored.
1 of 10