Over the winter, Florida Sportsman staffers field-tested the new TopWater roof-top rod box from Yakima. We’re pleased to report the box is holding up. It’s a convenient, lockable transport option for up to 8 rods to 8 feet in length, with foam pads and rubber retention straps.
The box has an aerodynamic Carbonite-textured lid and comes with mounting hardware to fit Yakimas or other roof racks. We’ve transported rods on a small sedan as well as an SUV, and found space inside for kayak paddles, PFDs and other gear. Suggested retail price $549. See Yakima.com
- Carry up to 8 fully rigged-up fishing rods of any style, up to 8 ft. long.
- Side opening for easy access to rigged-up fishing rods
- Keeps wet rods out of the vehicle, organized, and set up for the day.
- Space below the rods is perfect for low-profile tackle boxes and other gear.
- Protective foam pads—designed with individual rod slots.
- Rubber retention straps secure rods in place.
- Small drain holes help prevent water from pooling in bottom of the box.
- Built-in rod shields protect rod tips from damage.
- Removable rod holders for 4 season transport of skis and other long gear.
- Made in the USA with a sleek, aerodynamic Carbonite®-textured lid.
- Universal mounting hardware fits all Yakima® crossbars and most other roof racks.
- Add the SmarT-Slot™ Kit 5 to attach to a T-slot crossbar for an even sleeker profile (sold separately).
- The included Yakima SKS (Single Key System) lock secures rods inside TopWater™ and locks TopWater to roof rack.
- Made in the USA.
Weight: 42.45 lbs.
Dimensions: L 102.00 in x W 18.00 in x H 9.00 in
Minimum Crossbar Spread: 27.00in
Maximum Crossbar Spread: 81.00in
Limited Lifetime Warranty