The Florida Bass Paddlers are proud to present the Rod “Gaterbait” Salser Kayak Bass Challenge Memorial Tournament.
This tournament has been created to raise money for the Moffitt Cancer Center, which was the facility that helped Rod during his battle with cancer with no cost to him or his family. Let us remember our great friend and help give back to the center that made him comfortable during his final days with us. This tournament is being held August 17th on Lake Okeechobee, but anglers may also fish the rim canal. To make it more fun, ANY fish caught in the lake or canal will count. We will be meeting at Lake Okeechobee Fishing Headquarters at 5:30AM to hand out identifiers.
Here is how it will work:
- $25 Entry Fee
- $10 to Moffitt Center / $10 to “Cash Pot” (less PayPal Fee’s) and $5 to TourneyX
- Lines in at first light.
- All entries submitted by 2:30 – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Launch wherever you like. Meet back at Lake Okeechobee Fishing Headquarters by 3:00.
- 5 Fish Limit – You can submit ANY freshwater fish caught!
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place win 50% / 35% / 15% of “Cash Pot” as well as a custom plaque from Bass Trophies Online!
- $100 “Big Fish” Award!!!
- No size minimum
- Anglers are allowed to fish anywhere in Rim Canal or Lake
- Artificial Baits Only!
- Paddle / Pedal Craft Only
- All Anglers MUST be wearing a PFD and compete at their own risk!
In addition, each paid angler will receive a 50/50 ticket. There will be raffle tickets sold at $5 a ticket or 5 for $20 and you will have your chance to win prizes generously donated by Vexan Rods, Outdoors with Jake, South River Outfitters, Bruiser Baits, Okeechobee Fishing Headquarters and more! Come out and help us celebrate Rod Salser and raise money for a donation to be given to Moffitt Cancer Center in his name!