Regulations changes in state and federal waters effective Aug. 24
Starting Aug. 24, several changes to hogfish management will go into effect in state and federal waters. Approved changes include:
• Lowering the Atlantic recreational daily bag limit from five to one fish per harvester
• Setting an Atlantic recreational harvest season of May 1 through Oct. 31
• Increasing the Atlantic recreational and commercial minimum size limit from 12 to 16 inches fork length
• Increasing the Gulf recreational and commercial minimum size limit from 12 to 14 inches fork length
• Setting the minimum importation and sale size limit to 14 inches fork length statewide.