SPOT LLC. recently announced their new SPOT Gen3, the next generation of the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger™. SPOT Gen3 offers enhanced functionality with more tracking features, improved battery performance and more power options including rechargeable and USB direct line power. SPOT is part of an award-winning product line that provides an affordable and vital line of communication with friends, family and emergency assistance on any adventure, from canoeing to hiking to snowmobiling.
SPOT Gen3 features include:
• Unlimited Tracking – Users can pre-set SPOT Gen3 to send tracks at the speed of their adventures with options to send every 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes.
• Extreme Tracking – The features of Unlimited Tracking, but with the added ability to vary the track rate down to every 2 ½ minutes. Perfect for pilots and ultra-outdoor competitors.
• Motion Activated Tracking – SPOT Gen3 sends tracks at a chosen rate for as long as the device is turned on and moving.
• Longer Battery Life – Approximately twice as long as previous SPOT devices with new power options including 4 AAA Energizer® Ultimate Lithium 8x batteries (L92), 4 AAA Energizer® NiMH rechargeable batteries (NH12), or Line Power with a 5v USB connection.
With the push of a button, SPOT users can:
• Alert for rescue – transmitting an S.O.S. notification with GPS location to GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center.
• Check In – letting others know they are OK and have arrived safely.
• Track – sharing their GPS location in real-time via Google Maps™.
• Message – sending custom messages to family and friends regardless of cell coverage.
SPOT Gen3 is the second new product announcement from the popular SPOT line this summer. SPOT Global Phone was added to the SPOT family in May and ensures users can have 2-way voice connectivity with family, friends and business even when their adventures take them out of cell coverage.
SPOT satellite coverage works around the world, including Canada continental United States, Mexico, Europe, Australia, Northern and Central Africa, portions of South America and North-Eastern Asia as well as hundreds of thousands of miles offshore of these areas.
Pricing and Product Availability Information:
SPOT Gen3 retails $149.95 MSRP plus a required annual subscription service starting at $149.99 per year with upgraded service plans available.
SPOT is available at retailers nationwide such as REI, Cabela’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Gander Mountain, Eastern Mountain Sports, Sportsman’s Warehouse, West Marine and Bass Pro Shops. For more information on SPOT Gen3, SPOT Global Phone or a complete list of retailers carrying SPOT products, visit FindMeSpot.com.