Scientific Anglers is pleased to announce the release of the new System 4 reel series. Adding to the long heritage of System reels, the System 4 is the first USA-made reel for Scientific Anglers. It is CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum at our facility in Montrose, Colorado, and features a large arbor design for quick line pick up and updated cosmetics versus past System reels.
The System 4 comes in 3 different sizes, rated for 3- to 8-weight lines, features a Delrin 500AF maintenance-free drag system, and is also saltwater compatible.
Frame & Spool:
• 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
• Delrin 500AF with impregnated Teflon – space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self-lubricating and maintenance free
• Delrin 500AF to anodized aluminum interface – push frame friction disc drag system with redundancy radial pawl engagement and seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no startup friction)
• Fully machined, 1 piece frame, 1 piece spool with a Delrin pressed hub – manufactured on automated CNC machining centers
Spool Rotation, Connection and Conversion:
• Delrin hub rotating on a stainless steel spindle (Sizes 1-3), oil impregnated bronze bushing rotating on a stainless steel spindle (Sizes 4-7), quick release locking spool, easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
SIZE WIDTH DIAMETER WEIGHT CAPACITY
3/4 1.0” 3.125” 5.22 oz WF3+75
5/6 1.0” 3.5” 5.44 oz WF5+125
7/8 1.15” 3.75” 6.04 oz WF7+200